Sunday 6 October 2013

New Fabric Sq's and Chunky Hats

Yesterday I popped over to Fishergate shopping center, there was a very small craft fair on. I picked up some small fabric quarters up: owl/tree print and animal print :) I think these are so cute, only a small amount but maybe to decorate a tote bag or something :) They're from Tilia Fabrics, available on Etsy according to the card but can't find her account to link for you, sorry.
I've finished the lime green and black chunky hat, the picture doesn't look very lime but it really is :) so hallowe'eny :) Get in the spooky spirit!
I've also cast on and cast off a dark green and red hat with cable brim...rather christmasy lol and I'm not overly festive, but figured some people would like it for the cold season, and adds a little colour to the dark season. This one has two cables for the brim, I like that part, twisty :)
 Being chunky these were really quick growing so didn't take long at all. I've some aran weight to make a couple hats and I really need to wind some sock weight babylonglegs yarn into balls as need to start a gift for christmas :) need someone to hold my skein for me though as the sock I think is more likely to tangle if not held but the aran weight is ok to get into balls on my own (but takes some time and patience). So nice to knit with though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment