Wednesday 16 October 2013

Totoro (Sanpo-ish) hat and Babylonglegs yarn

I've finished the sanpo hat with some differences...I did a plain colour brim in garter st, it's too short I don't like it, needs to be either ribbed or longer garter st with a gap so colour work on inside of the hat can not be seen when worn. I also only did the Totoro part of the chart deciding to leave the soot sprite part...may do that as a hat on it's own, I don't do well with colour work so don't wanna be too ambitious and fail epically lol Even after blocking as soon as I put the hat on my head the brim rolled up slightly, and does so a little more every time. It's a little big for the little one but would do in a pinch, though seeing the insides colour work is annoying more so on him that me.

 
Think they brown and beige colours work quite well but may try it more colourful too. The original pattern is in blue, green and cream for the base colour.

I've also wound my babylonglegs yoda merino sock into balls, would have been too but got a little tangled...Wanna start the project but won't be able to knit for a bit from Saturday and don't want it half finished on the needles while I heal...So it'll have to wait :(
I also ordered some more babylonglegs yarn in the still waters colour way at the weekend while the free postage offer was on, it's lovely...I'd say it's tranquil but the colours are so rich I think their too stunning to be tranquil lol
I have so many ideas and so much yarn to play with just not enough time to make everything I want to lol
I've gifts to make, a secret santa item to craft, plus things that I just wanna make for fun and my little one lol gonna be a busy couple months lol

No comments:

Post a Comment