Tuesday 22 October 2013

Undercover Owl order +bits

My huge order from TheUndercoverOwl has arrived, very quickly and well packaged.
All wrapped up I thought, this can't be my whole order, but it was, just folded up into small wrappings.
I was very excited, I went a bit nuts as I keep using carrier bags and they get holes in, I loose DPNs and my notions pouch, the yarn gets all tangled and it's just a frustrating experience. Also, as I frquently have multiple projects going I find I have carrier bags all over and no easy way to identify which project is in which bag without rummaging around. Now each project will be able to have a different pattern and size bag depending on the project size, I'm very happy. If I could have afforded I'd have had one of the large pouches have been another giant pouch purely for easy of fit with the balls of yarn I buy being oval, though when I wind my own balls they fit in the large bags just fine (the oval balls get caught a lot due to being too wide one way).
So here's what I got:
let's start with the giant pouches...
I got this TARDIS print one as I'm a Dr Who fan and love new ways to show of my nerdiness when out and about :) this bag will be great for jumpers for my son, shawls and scarves.
I also got this sheep print one which I like to call black sheep as it has the odd darker sheep throughout. I liked this as I've kinda always though myself the black sheep of the family, though I guess less so now that I've normaled out a little for the sake of my son :) I suppose I could have had one of my custom orders be this size and just not got this but I didn't think of it till after I ordered.
On to the large pouches:
I saw this Blue Sun print on the website and just had to have it, I love Firefly and Serenity so much, I even bought my friend a tee with this logo on and so tempted myself so when I saw this it was a must buy even though it didn't have the strap on I like. The straps are handy to hook over your wrist or I find it good to hook on my pram handle whilst waiting for buses/trains etc.
Then I saw the Dalek sock sized bag and wanted it so bad, but I knew the size would be too small for the majority of my projects, plus I'd already bought my sock sized Angel print at Yarndale (see previous posts).
I love this Dalek print as it has a cross over with the Vitruvian man design by da Vinic.
I messaged Sarah and asked if she had enough of this fabric to make me a large pouch, luckily she did :) I'm very happy with it, again I asked for a strap as I find them very useful and the bag size is good for hats, mitts and even a small cowl :) I find I need to wind bough yarn into balls to prevent them from getting caught in the bag and taking the yarn out (which obviously is silly when I bought project bags to keep the yarn tidy and clean in the bag). This extra winding is slightly frustrating but not the end of the world.
I also got this large toadstool print bag as I love toadstools (not to eat) but as ornaments, lego, prints etc.
I like the green background with vibrant mushrooms and darker strap.

I love my order, I'm very happy with the postage time and packaging...I did buy a little something else but it's a gift so gonna keep that one hush, hush till it's given :)
I've finally finished the Gryffindor inspired scarf for my friend. It's the same construction as my cunning scarf but with just the two colours and wider stripes (also, no fridge as my friend didn't want it).
I also finially finished the amended granny square scarf for the same friend, I gave it him one square wide and he wanted it doubled up...and it took me ages to do as hate using smaller than a 4mm hook where possible lol but he can get both next time I see him.
I haven't done much knitting this week as I was tattooed at the weekend so bit tender, but picked up the needles again and am just under half way through a hat from Tin Can Knits which I find cute and quirky...taking my time though.
Happy crafting all, I'm off to sort my son out and go to my local knit and natter group :)








No comments:

Post a Comment