Saturday 30 November 2013

New needles and ordering plus rambelings lol

I have been sooo bad lately for ordering/buying things...
As I said in a previous post I ordered some Knit Pro 12mm (80cm) circular needles...they've arrived, though not cast on yet, I'll let you know how they feel...
I really want the hiya hiya interchangeable sets (both small and large 5" steel), but alas I still can't justify that kind of money.
I've ordered some replica jewellery (I'm kinda a nerd incase any of you haven't figured it out)...also some charms (I used to make jewellery and accessories but not much anymore, though sometimes when I want new jewellery I buy charms and make my own-mostly ear rings), jigsaw pieces to make autism awareness items (maybe on hats or ear rings) for me and my family to support my son, and some Mario mushrooms...I wanted ear rings and I loved it as a kid...also my friend crocheted me a red Mario mushroom for Xmas last year (1st thing she ever made and it is awesome!)
She later made me a Dalek too, I'm such a lucky geek :)
I've also been ordering more craft things to make gifts with my son (and by myself) and also to do a bit more painting (ordered metallic paints, awesome! they use it at his nursery), even though the previous order hasn't arrived yet...I was taking advantage of free p+p.
I've also been to the Manchester Christmas markets and bought our traditional yearly decorations :) mine and Bekkis are moons and my sons is a Santa boot :) we get different designs each year.
My new Qwertee has arrived :) Love The Nightmare Before Christmas so looking forward to wearing this.
I finally wore my new heeled boots (to a 50th) and my feet weren't killing so they seem like a good investment, I can keep my style but be slightly feminine by wearing heels lol (my family kinda want me to grow my hair and be more of a girl, it rarely happens).
I think that is it...until new items arrive or I actually get anywhere with my knitting...finally cast on the cream scarf for a friend and still going slowly but surely with the surprise knit. This pic shows my first 2 rows of the scarf (I knit length ways), my notions case and a book I'm currently reading (as well as a beverage lol) as these are my waiting activities while my son is in his appointment every week...This week I was determined to get that scarf cast on, though my joints disliked me for it...and as for this book, my cousin lent it to me an age ago, I liked it so much I have bought it (25p in a charity shop, get in!) and forgot how good a read it is :) I have to say I definitely recommend Cecelia Ahern novels, I've liked all I've read (though I admit I haven't read them all).
 And on that note...happy crafting :)

3 comments:

  1. Yey I got mentioned :p. Do you want me to make you the other coloured Mario mushroom too? I only made the red one because I know you love that one... Although you could easily make them yourself I guess... Good luck with the scarf! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crap at amiguami lol a green one would be cool but I know how busy you are so only as and when you are able lol was gonna link your blog but wasn't sure if you'd want me to. I link everything I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can link me if you like I don't mind as long as your not being mean :p. I'll make you a green one when I have time. May be a bit different from the red one though as I've had a lot more practice since then!

    ReplyDelete