Saturday 23 November 2013

Secret Santa Sorted!

Well I cast on the Offhand Lace shawl on the 18th and have cast off today (23rd), took less than a week but my elbow are still feeling it. I think if I was at full speed and not having the pain to keep stopping for that I could have had this done in a day or two (if I concentrated on just this, as I have done).
I did rows 1-8 13-16 repeated, missing out rows 9-12 as don’t like the look of the ribbed section, kinda too much going on, so much more effective-in my opinion-with just the 3 sections and here's the finished item...
Spread out you can see the lace pattern and the ridges between each lace repeat is a purl and garter st sections. I think it looks really good. It's worked top down starting with 10 sts and increase every other row to build up width. Really pleased with it, think it would be even better bigger.
Even folded up it's chunky so think it'll be quite warm (needed in the new weather we're having). Have attached the yarns washing instructions with a ribbon so the recipient knows how to take care of it.
This picture shows the shawl form the back (couldn't get far enough away to show the full back with the triangular tip at the base of the back). but think it'll look nice with the right outfit.
And finally, this is what it'd be like if worn as a scarf rather than a shawl, this would be ridiculously warm.
I think it could also be used as a blanket for babies as they're small and even though it has the lace sections it'd be warm. Could be used as a swaddle blanket to wrap baby in or when a little bigger in prams etc. Obviously not what it was designed for but I try to find multiple purposes for items if I can.
Hope she likes :)
(sorry pics are kinda crappy no one to take them for me when trying it on so did what I could in a room full of toys with a toddler trying to jump in all the pics or steel the camera lol)






No comments:

Post a Comment