Friday 22 November 2013

Secret Santa Started and Sackboy

I've mention I have a secret santa to do...and I've finally started it...it's a quick knit with chunky yarn and 10mm needles. The pattern is called Offhand Lace and is a free ravelry download.
I love this designer, her items are individual but can be worn by all as not too wacky. She seems to like aran and chunky weight yarns (as I do) and because of this means I can actually give some of them a go at the minute. I chose this one as I love the purl, lace and garter sections. It actually has a ribbed section too, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or just don't like it but in my opinion it looked a mess, so I've removed that part of the pattern :)
Think it must have been me doing it wrong as looking at some of the projects made by others of the same pattern it looks fine lol
Hard to see the pattern as knitted with black yarn but in person it looks really effective, can't wait for it to be off the needles so I can stretch it out and see what it looks like on :) (also, I might be able to get a better picture).
It's simple to do, and once you get into it you can basically tell where you're up to for each section so can work 4 rows at a time without needing to check the pattern. Another good thing about this pattern, I've finally managed to get the ssk stitch without keep giving up and just doing k2tog tbl.
So if you wanna try making a shawl, why not give this one a go? It's perfect for a first time shawl maker as it's made with chunky yarn and so grows fast, fast gratification (though not instant lol), rather than many of the shawl designs about which are made with sock weight yarns and take weeks to make.

I really need to make a chart for my Rocking Kitchen KAL socks to do duplicate stitch on them, but I have till Xmas.
I still need to get on with the surprise knit but with being on 2mm I'm struggling somewhat, may need to be a postponed Xmas gift or become a birthday gift.

In other news I found a gift for someone that is awesome (in my opinion), I wish I could have made it lol Who doesn't love the cuteness that is Sackboy from Little Big Planet :) ..?
And on that note am off, happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment