Saturday 2 November 2013

Mini scale and KAL post prizes

Whilst watching my friends blog (Joeli's Kitchen) she showed a portable digital scale for weighting yarn (though this of course is not what it was probably designed for lol). I didn't even know they made these, but I had to get one. I've been using my kitchen scales, which have a needle rather than a digital display so they are far from accurate, now I can have a better representation of ball weights after winding, and a better idea of weight of items once I've finished them too (well for small projects such as mittens, charity squares, socks etc.)
You can choose to weight in oz or g (as well as some others but think these two will be best used, if am honest I usually weight yarn in grams). It's compact enough to fit in my project bag with a project on the go, but I'll probably leave it in one of my yarn drawers so it's ready for when I'm winding.

I've also been part of a KAL in a group called Rocking Kitchen and there are prizes for finished items and posting in the threads. I won for my thread posts (random number generator picked two random posts for prizes and I was one of them, happy times), I won a design by one of the two administrators so I chose Pepo Pie by Joeli, think my son would look adorable in this, or if it can be modified in a pull over vest (or both if I can get two made), good for layering as the weather gets colder.
The other prize was any pattern off Ravelry for under $5 so I chose this Millie (Vest) for myself, I think it'd be good for the cold months when am wearing a shirt and a hoodie looks weird. I saw a few designs I've had my eye on for a while and some new ones but most were $6 or over so this was the one that fell in the what do I like enough to wear and is under the specified amount categories.
Look forward to getting them and reading the construction, can't start them right off as my wrists and elbows have been bad this week, hardly done anything. But will probably start the waist coat for my little one first when I can. Even typing is aggravating my joints at the moment so could be a while off.

Happy crafting to you all, feel free to comment with pictures of anything you're working on to cheer me up from my lack of knitting/crocheting...you don't realise how much you enjoy something till you can't do it. It's my destress, happy, productive activity and am stuck with about a max of half an hour a day (sometimes spread out if using smaller needles) when am used to doing about 4 hours a day (if not more, though usually spread across the day and in the evening after little one in bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment