Saturday 9 November 2013

OCC box and KAS

My Operation Christmas Child (OCC) box is now packed and ready to go...wrapped it shut with purple cord as have no elastic bands...weirdly my mum only offered me one a few days ago and I said I don't use them lol

I've packed the box with: a toothbrush, toothpaste, jotter, crayons, short story books, haribo, rasens, wooden camel with wheels, stacka men, home made red and green hat with pom pom, blue hero mask with red ribbon...and that's it for this year, all I could manage (I actually spent more than I anticipated on it this year and there are a few sweets can't see on pic as added them last minute). How ironic that I give toothbrush and paste for hygiene then give sweets to rot the teeth lol My box is for a boy age 2-4 years, hopefully he'll like what he gets even thought not a lot in it, I suppose something is better than nothing though.
I've also done a few squares for the knit a square charity, totalled 7 so far, slower than usual with wrists and elbows but still managing them just not so fast. They are a mix of knit and crochet and are using up scraps of yarn (hence why some of them have kinda random colours or strange places to change colour, I ran out lol) but I'm sure the children will just be happy for the warmth and not too bothered by odd squares :)
I've done a little work on the surprise knit but still not finished, a long way off in fact lol and the Christmas KAL socks for my son are coming along but not finished (part of the Rocking Kitchen KAL for Nov/Dec). I still haven't done the Secret Santa item I need to do either, really need my joints to stop hurting so can make faster again (am slow even when at full speed lol).

Last year I did both an OCC box and a Support Our Troops box (pictured below).

 As you can see I managed a bit more last year but hopefully my smaller donation this year will still be appreciated. I even got a letter back off the soldier who received my box and an email saying my OCC box went to Romania. (Last years OCC box contained: the first pair of mittens I made, a hand made hat, some toys, dental hygiene items, soap, hand made flannel, crayons, jotter, sweets etc. The soldier box contained: hand made hat, santa hat, hand made tree decoration and flannel, soap, toothbrush and paste, paracetamol, sweets etc. Sorry can't remember everything lol)



No comments:

Post a Comment