Saturday 8 August 2015

Fibre and Fail!

Lots of new things in this one and some updates too :)
I got some new yummies from Owl About Yarn.
Top left: so purple it's nearly black 100% SW BFL 4ply
Top right: hodge podge SW BFL
Bottom left: dream in purple SW BFL
Bottom right: pink overdyed Devon Zwartbles
BFL in (left) black and (right) oatmeal.
Jacob (grey) is supposed to be good for new spinners so I've got some for my friend, who I got a spindle for and got myself some to maybe try on my wheel. It's very sheddy so could be interesting, I may look like I rolled in fibre when I spin this one lol Also got her a few others but only had space for a couple in the first envelope so will send the rest soon :) my fave I've got her is still here and keeps winking at me but I have it too so will try spin mine soonish :)
Top: brown corriedale
Middle: white Romney
Bottom: mid grey Shetland
I plied my SW merino meadowsweet...still thick and thin in places and over/under spun in places but overall I'm very happy with this one :)
I had this much left on one bobbin...
I think this is really nice, 98g of a 2ply and calculated between 200-220m not sure I trust my yardage on this one but I'm hoping it's right as then it's enough to actually make something lol maybe a handbrake cowl or a hat or something...
Felt Fusion order of loveliness.
Top: rainbow minis (Falkland fine merino aran)
Middle: midnight haze (BFL aran)
Bottom: doom-pa-deedo (organic merino aran) 
I spun some fairly cheap merino up and struggled a little with consistency, colour is moorland and I got 103m of a 2ply from about 70g. Not sure if I like this one or not, the colour look a little odd plied together, thinking maybe I should have split each colour nest and plied it together and made a sort of self striping...? Got the orange/brown (spice I think) version of this for my friend :)
Yesterday and today I've spun like a fiend to finish these singles lol should be 100g of merino/Shetland/silk/gold sparkle in the Polly colourway from Fondant Fibre. I spun 3 rolags onto the spindle at a time, 4 times so I will end up with 2 smaller skeins of a 2ply once finished. They're a beautiful red/brown with gold sparkle but it's hard to capture on camera. these are a little thick and thin but on the thin side so hoping for fairly decent yardage :)
Knitting news...I'm a total fail! I cast on a school jumper for my son; finished the body and most of a sleeve and noticed something was up...checked...something was indeed not right. I'd cast on with 3.75mm needles (correct) and accidentally swapped to 4mm shorter cable instead of 3.75mm for the body (I wondered why it seemed 2" too big lol) the sleeve was on 3.75mm needle but in my sleep deprived state I ripped it back thinking it was wrong lol so now I need to start all over again from scratch and to stop any mistakes I'm using my hiya hiya interchangeable needles and have put all the cables I'll need and the grips in the project bag and I will not let any other needle or needle tips near that bag lol nearly 2 weeks of knitting wasted but ahh well...I can but learn. Knitting Fail!
The blue whale shawlette is slowly growing but still only on section 2, not sure the colour is going to work with my complexion so it may end up being gifted. I've cast on and cast off a hat for a friend for xmas, no details so she hopefully gets a surprise :) I like it but hope she does too, her head is a couple inches smaller than mine so hoping the fit is ok lol
I should really re cast on the school jumper but all the blue again is a little off putting lol
I've lots of knitting plans but seem to be going slow, though I have been spinning quite a bit lately :) I'm actually a little achey from spinning the Polly rolags so fast all at once...wish me luck :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment