Sunday 23 August 2015

knitting fail, spinning and news

I'm a knitting fail...again! I cast on this handbrake cowl 3 times; first time- I accidentally twisted the stitches, second time- I forgot the last one I made was too big so to cast on fewer stitches, so I ripped back and cast on a third time- miss counting and cast on too few stitches lol so it's now a little snug for the way I like my cowls. I'm a little disappointed coz I really like it too, and in the best hand spun I've made to date, with about a third left too...silly me! Plus side, it looks nice and should look even better after it's been washed and the stitches settle a little :) and it's super squishy :)
I've spun the singles of my sw merino from Felt Fusion and they're sitting ready to ply from my lazy kate :)
I'm test knitting a pattern for Sparklepunk Lisa, this is the yarn I'm using, laal bear DK (before she closed shop), and that's it for spoilers. I'm a little late starting as I was away when got the pattern, then had a poorly boy, and now I'm getting a sore throat and a cold, but hopefully I'll manage ok, fingers crossed in time for her deadline, but she said she understands if not :) 
I finally took a picture of my cute, mini orchid, so pretty :) hard finding a good place for it in my cluttered house, but I'm praying I don't kill this one as fast as I did my last lol
Spinning news! The blue Polwarth/merino/bamboo is still on my spindle, though going a little slower than I'd hoped. I'm try to choose my next spins too, my stash is big enough that it's hard to decide lol
Knitting news! I may be doing a toddler test knit for Joeli's Kitchen too :) I've finished the first sleeve, and realised I made another small mistake, hoping it's not too bad and wearable when I eventually finish it lol second sleeve cast on, I'll make the same mistake on it so they match lol and then will join it all together and knit the yoke :)
In other news; we had an awesome storm last night, insane thunder and lightning, a small one today too.
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment