Saturday 22 August 2015

Update: FO and spinning

Saw this awesome death star yarn bowl, it had to be shared :)
I finished the blue whale shawl with 1g of yarn to spare lol needs a good blocking after some freezer time (it came on hols with the moths) lol Not sure if I like it or not...? The section measurements are kinda a mess but should look ok after blocking...I think lol
Did a bit more spinning on my drop spindle, this one is a 1.25oz sodalite spindle from Tina's Angoras bought from Fondant Fibre. Fibre is Polwarth/merino/bamboo rolags.
I've started a new spin on my wheel, this is sw merino form Felt Fusion and is very colourful :) first half was prepped into 4 nests and spun yellow-grey.
First half of singles spun and second half was prepped into 8 nests and has been started too, spinning it grey-yellow so should hopefully get lots of barber polling.
This is by far my best hand spun to date, sw merino in the meadowsweet colourway and one of my earliest purchases, got roughly 200m of a 2ply and have cast on a handbrake cowl :) 
Done a little more work on the school jumper but needed a break form all the blue lol
Hope you're all having fun and...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment