Thursday 20 August 2015

Update + flowers

My friend bought me some flowers when I got back from my holidays :) might be consolation for a poorly boy :) got a mini orchid too but strangely not taken pics yet, I love orchids :)
Been watching a few episodes with my fave Doctor in recently then saw this...so much love lol

I got a new digital scale for my hand spun skeins as I was struggling on my mini scale and my kitchen scale wasn't accurate enough.
I plied a couple of left over singles together, the yellow/green is meadowsweet sw merino and the blue is moorland merino, 25 yards to 10g
Started a new spindle spin on my new spindle, this is the 1.25oz sodalite Tina's Angoras spindle from Fondant Fibre; fibre is Polwarth/merino/bamboo blend and it keeps breaking on me :( but it looks nice, though it is rather thick and thin (on the thin side).
I've started spinning some sw merino from Felt Fusion in the sunset blvd colourway on my wheel, going slow with my little boy home lol especially while he's ill.
Knitting news! I had to tink back a couple rows of the blue whale shawl as I had the wrong stitch count for the moss stitch edging but just cheated a little so I can carry on lol
I've finished the body (to the under arms) and started the first sleeve for the school jumper for my son.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment