Monday 24 August 2015

Test knit yarn + my winnings

I've cast on the first test knit, no clues as to what it is, just showing a sample of the yarn knit up so you can see the gorgeous colours, it's actually a little brighter than showing and looking really nice :)
Quite a while ago I entered a competition on facebook with the Unplanned Peacock Studio, the prize was a skein of their 'rainbow unicorn of love' colourway on either sparkle or plain sock base, I chose sparkle. It arrived last week but has been held hostage by customs :( I went to collect it and paid my £11.84 fee (£8 of which is the handling fee the rest is VAT) and got this beauty. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed it wasn't labeled as a gift to avoid customs charges when it was a prize rather than a purchase. Something for UK residents to consider when entering as well as ordering.
Knitting news! Working on the school jumper (sleeve two has been cast on) and the test knit. I'm awaiting a second test knit pattern so I can look at buying yarn coz it appears I won't have enough in stash...ahh well.
Spinning news! the sw merino on my wheel is on the lazy kate still waiting to be plied and the spindle hasn't been touched for a couple days sadly...soon!
Side note: I've done a couple of periscope broadcasts, badly lol I get super nervous and ramble lots lol but been enjoying watching other peoples live (or replays too), all knitting ones so far lol I'm @lilangel_sg2 on there and instagram.
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment