Friday 27 September 2013

babylonglegs lush lol and the big knit/hats in general

Well I've been kinda busy lol finished my innocent smoothie hats for the big knit and got them posted...only managed 31, my first year I did 75 but had  a baby back then and toddlers take more work and a lot more time lol (note on the address, it changes pretty much every year so make sure if you do participate you know that years address, bit frustrating but nothing we can do about it).
This is a good way to raise money for charity and use up your yarn scraps. Though with rises in postage rates I'd recommend getting your local knit and natter group involved to share postage costs. This also gives you the idea of how decreasing for hats works though obviously on a much smaller scale :)
I've also worked on a couple of hats for a town shop, to see if they go anywhere over the holiday periods :)
Pictured is a royal and navy blue chunky hat with cable brim, I love these basic cable brims, a small decorative touch goes a long way. I've also done a green aspen ice hat by Liat Gat from knit freedom (aspen ice hat) but the lovely twist doesn't show well in the pictures as the yarn is so dark, it can be seen on my previous project.
Also, today I had the joy and indeed the pleasure of my new babylonglegs yarn arriving...so exciting. I literally carried it around all day and showed anyone who showed even a slight interest, and some who didn't lol I'm a nerdy fool for my crafts what can I say lol
The colours are lush and rich, really vibrant and I can't emphasize enough how soft they are...I wanna smush my face in them lol especially the semi precious. Unfortunately that one is limited to dyes so can't have the spaced dyed colour ways, the merino is also very soft but the semi precious blend of merino and silk is so luxurious.
I have 'after the storm' in 100% merino sock weight yarn, and I asked for a mix of 'feel the teal' and 'pie' to be dyed in the semi precious sock weight yarn, she called this one 'pie hole' which is cute, though in my head with the richness and depth of the colour I had the idea of 'nephilim night', kinda roles of the tongue and I'm a nerd who likes the nephilim and night lol. I love the contrast between the yellow and blues on the 'after the storm' with bits of green and a kind of slate colour...so nice. I'd get more but I've ordered a whole lot of yarn already and just can't justify an extra skein, even though it is the same dye lot lol but super nice...pics will follow of my new ones as soon as I get them lol need to roll these into balls, which should be fun, never done that before lol
I'm hoping the 'pie hole' will be enough for a shawl for myself and if not I may have to use the contrasting 'after the storm' in there, if it's not already used up lol though I'd planed on fingerless mitts I think I may use my new order of 'caped crusader' for those with a matching hat :) we shall have to see :)
And on that note I am off for sleeps..I shall keep you posted on new and interesting ideas and projects :) Night all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment