Sunday 29 September 2013

Yarndale! exciting times...

I had an awesome time at Yarndale...thank you so much to my friend Natassia for taking me.
A massive thank you to Sarah from babylonglegs and all the wonderful people there :)
I promised I wouldn't be a fan girl...I failed, so pictured above is me with Sarah from babylonglegs :)
And you should see all the gorgeous yarn I got...but you're going to right now lol

These are my vibrant and gorgeous coloured yarns from babylonglegs. The top picture is aran weight 'tree hugger' and 'caped crusader' with sock weight 'candy crush', the lower picture is aran weight 'crushed candy' and sock weight 'yoda' all of which are 100% merino :) I love the semi precious (50% merino 50% silk) but can't have the space dyed colour ways. These are so nice, can't wait to get knitting them, but that means winding them into balls lol should be interesting as never done that before from a skein lol
Of course I still want more: 'after the storm' aran and merino sock, 'still waters' aran, 'zombies' aran and 'rainbow too' merino sock...to name just a few lol am in love with her dyes...aren't you too..?

My new 2mm cubox and 2.5mm (normal) DPNs, never spent so much on needles before but as they say "when in Rome"...when at Yarndale lol and I really wanted to try the cubix ones but made sense to get ones that aren't gonna have to be used all the time incase I don't like them too much :) Also, above that my new sock weight yarn in individual small skeins, these will be awesome if they make a red/orange/yellow sock and a purple/blue/turquoise (or green) sock with one skein left over (preferably turquoise or green so the sock looks nice even)...odd socks rock!
My new scarf yarn...I personally find this stuff a pain to knit with but it's fairly quick building and good for gifts :)
This yarn is so super gorgeous, can't remember exactly but think it's 80% merino 20% silk, will let you know when I wind it into a ball :) it's aran weight and so soft. I think this is gonna be a hat (I got a pattern from the stall, slouchy and funky) but see what happens, the colours are kinda autumnal and luscious.

These are my project bags...never bought one before but I just had to have the material lol and will come in handy for traveling with my knitting/crocheting. The top one is toadstool print and very colourful, I love toadstools, have them in ornaments, lego etc and even a Fantasia toadstool tattoo...nerd alert! I even have a Buffy/Angel tattoo and the lower picture is of Angel when he was transformed into a puppet during an episode, think it's called 'Smile time'. So naturally I had to have both of these. The toadstool one is a medium one with wrist strap and the Angel one is a small/sock sized one.
Last but by all means not least, I like to collect postcards and these are what I got from Yarndale. I love buttons...damn I forgot to take pictures of my new buttons. I got two large wooden ones, one with ridges and one with a pattern on, and a few silver coloured anchor ones, anchors rock also :)
Basically I spent a fortune rather than a small fortune lol but I had a good day and my son was happy with his Nana :) Some of this yarn will be used for gifts but I have to admit most of it is for myself.
Hope to keep you up to date with each project but please be patient as have other things to make too.
Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Was great to meet you today, and I am super happy you love the yarns you bought from me :D
    I have a Cubix fixed circular, and I love it. I too wasn't sure if I'd get on with square needles, but I am glad I gave them a try.
    Have fun with all your new yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I will thank you :) nice to meet you too. will have pics up when projects are done :)

    ReplyDelete