Monday 23 September 2013

My 1st Cables lol

Well, I managed to get this done fairly quickly...I followed the pattern, CO 64sts on 5mm needles with aran weight yarn...it was meant to be for an adult, pictured with a male wearing it...and it fits my son lol
So maybe the gauge is a little out lol but ahh well, it'll be nice on a little girl.
Quite chuffed with my first try...Like that I've used the cable as a kind of ribbed edge rather than for the whole hat as the pattern stated.
The fingerless mitt I made is generating some interest on my FB group, people seem to want them. However, as they take about 4 or 5 days to make and with yarn costs etc don't know if they'll be worth it. Even if charge average Etsy price of £13 plus p+p with how long they take...not a great price...but not sure people would pay more than that...gonna have to think on it I guess, or try and make them on bigger needles as I designed the pattern on 3mm with thin yarn for when my babylonglegs arrives.
Comment if you have any thoughts on the matter :)

Currently on the needles I have:
Another cable hat, this time I've CO 72sts as for an adult female and will have to add to the depth before shaping.
A Harry Potter inspired scarf (Gryffindor colours but going length ways rather than width ways).
A b/w crochet square scarf I've been working on for far too long for my friend.
An illusion knit dalek that hasn't been touched in a year lol needs too much concentration that I just don't have with a toddler lol 
But I still have to make something as a surprise for a friend, my shawl and mitts when new babylonglegs yarn arrives :) and some small gifts for people. Not enough hours in the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment