Monday 9 September 2013

Cunning socks...part 1 :)

Well...a few problems with them as these are my first proper socks, only ever done my sons short row wellie socks (basic wellie sock pattern) :)
But am getting there, bit by bit lol
I'm making my socks shorter than the pattern, the book states 7" (cunning socks ravelry link) from top to heel flap and I've done approx 3" as these are my first, so they're a practice run, prob end up being house socks till I get the hang of it :)


Also, I'm using 3mm DPNs rather than 3.25mm so a little smaller than stated pattern, if they don't fit me my son will have to grow into them lol
I'm intending to finish these and enter them for a hallowe'en KAL on ravelry, as they are inspired by a character (fancy dress) from Firefly called Jayne Cobb and the colours are very autumnal :) (rocking-kitchen ravelry group) I'll keep you posted on how they come along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment