Thursday 19 September 2013

Finished Foxy jumper :) and other works in progress

Well I expected this project to take me about a year in all honesty...no seriously the last jumper I knit my boy was on 4mm and took me a year and a half lol But it's done, after just a month :) The link to the design on ravelry is here foxy loxy jumper but the pattern is currently only available from Knit Now magazine, once rights revert back to the designer Joeli I'm sure she'll have it for sale.

I altered the pattern to be on 5mm needles with aran weight yarn and only did the pattern repeat a few times, but the construction is as stated in the pattern just with different yarn. It's turned out a little big for my boy lol but better that than too small :) I had expected to be on this for a lot longer as I said.

I've also finally finished a couple of scarves my aunt asked me to make for her, only short as for kids but knitting them width ways took an age, think scarves will be done length ways from now on :) so much easier in my opinion. Sorry no decent pics, but they're both navy blue with some royal blue stripes at either end.

I've started a fingerless glove, but am making it up as a go and am building a thumb gusset so hoping it turns out ok, I'll post a pic either way so you can laugh at my fail again or share my in my pride at trying to gain new skills :) They're in matching yarn for my cunning scarf and socks (see earlier blog posts) so I'm gonna look like a bit of a Jayne Cobb obsessive fan girl lol but that's ok...

I've also got plans for a hat for my aunt as a christmas gift, based on a pattern for Hermione's Godrics Hollow hat from the Harry Potter films (godrics-hollow-hat)...I'm that much of a nerd lol but she doesn't need to know that...of course pics will be uploaded when I actually cast on and get anywhere with it :) If I struggle with this my next challenge for myself is cables so my try this pattern by Babylonglegs (cable hat), I love her yarns and am currently waiting for my order will upload pics when they arrive, the colours are divine :)

And on a final note, I set myself 3 knitting challenges for the year:
1 to learn how to do circular knitting, DPNs and circular needles - DONE
2 to make a pair of socks for my son - DONE (x3 and a pair for me too lol)
3 to learn cable knitting - NOT YET DONE, MUST BE DONE BY NEW YEARS...so watch out for a cable project even if it's only a sample square :)


No comments:

Post a Comment