Monday 30 September 2013

1st skein-ball and project bags

Well, I've wound my first skein of 'crushed candy' aran from babylonglegs into 2 balls of yarn. Got about 12 more skeins to go lol
I've used my ball winder but they aren't perfect...kinda hard when you're trying to control the skein and the winder lol but I got there with a little patience and time.
Love this colour, the mix ox dark purples and blues with intense turquoise and pink is really eye catching.
I've cast on my project too, a honey cowl for my friend, I'm using 4.5mm circular needles rather than 5mm because mine is already in use for the Gryffindor inspired scarf that's knit length ways. Means this should be a super warm cowl as pattern is DK on 5mm and mine is aran on 4.5mm, will definitely be good for Winter lol
The picture isn't great as only about an inch and a bit in but as you can see it's knit in the round, I'm using a spare piece of yarn as a marker for beginning of round in a different colour. You can see I'm using my toadstool project bag, love this :)
Forgot to mention last post that it's from The Undercover Owl company (as was my Angel puppet project bag). Love so many of there fabric choices, I'm after a few more if these ones work out for me :) I love the sock print project bag with brown ribbon and the toadstool print Japanese knot
project bag which is reversible, says bird print on the inside. Aren't they just adorable..? Anyways, am off for now just wanted to show am on the ball so to speak and ready to get on with my new project ideas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment