Monday 2 September 2013

Foxy jumper begininngs and plans for the future...

Well I finally started the foxy jumper for Caleb, though I'm altering it slightly as only doing a few rounds of foxes rather than the full jumper :) I'm also knitting it up on 5mm needles with aran yarn to make it a bit bigger so if I take ages to finish it my son will still fit in it, I'm notorious for taking an age with knitted items lol The pattern was published in Knit Now magazine issue 22 and images can be found here Foxy Loxy jumper designed by my friend Joeli who is a wonderful knitter and editor (her blog is here joelis kitchen and I'm totally addicted to seeing what she makes and likes).


For the body I've done 3 rounds of foxes and a couple of cream stripes but other than this the jumper will be mostly brown. I think I've done much better with the colourwork tension but it's still not perfect and as I've changed to solid colour the top looks bigger as not as tight tension, but hoping that'll settle once it's been finished and washed etc.





I've started the first sleeve and have done only one round of foxes, the rest of the sleeves will be brown :) I'm a bit nervous of some of the instructions as never made a jumper in the round but fingers crossed I'll get there lol My son already loves it and has tried the bits on so am guessing he wants it finishing asap lol I'll keep anyone who reads updated as to how it's going lol

As for future plans, my copy of Knits for Nerds has finallly arrived so I can't wait to make things lol I'd def like to try the Jayne Cobb inspired scarf coz it's awesome lol (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library /cunning-scarf-2) and may make a version of the socks but for my little one in his wellies lol 
I also want to make the big bang vest (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/big-bang-girls-sweater-vest) or my friend if I can suss it out lol and find the time lol Love the horrible gloves too (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/horrible-gloves), as well as loads more but these are the items I'd like to make first lol I don't have enough hours in a day to get all these done soon though lol 
Watch this space for updates though lol


No comments:

Post a Comment