Wednesday 11 December 2013

Baby Foxy Loxy hat + plans

I've made the baby (0-3 months) version of the Foxy Loxy hat for my cousins unborn baby :) It's adorable and unisex :) I've added in the stripes rather than the hat body being a solid colour.
I've also bought a pull over tank top pattern for children, Little Fuchsia. If I don't include the cables under the arms it is plain enough for my little boy :) The designer has an adult version as well that I like :) Look forward to casting this on :)
I've done 3 more rows on the cream scarf for my friend. It hardly looks like anything but it is 340 sts long so takes some fair time to do one row.
I've also been working on the surprise knit, I've got around 6 or 7 rounds to do then cast off and weave in all the ends and it'll be done. Can't post pics till it's been gifted but will post pics as soon as I can :)
That's all I've done but am happy the hat finished so quickly, might wrap it up for them for xmas :) Baby not due till next year.
I really want to cast on a vest for little one but see what happens :) I have lots to do.
I have some lovely yarn but unfortunately it's a ball of pink and a purple, not very boy colours lol maybe the purple with a green or brown but can't get those colours in the same yarn and don't really like mixing yarns on a single project unless using up scraps for charity knits. I do have some of the brown and cream I used for his foxy jumper I made previously but dunno whether to use it or not, it would be using stash instead of buying more yarn lol
I also want to make myself some thickish fingerless mitts as my hands get rather cold pushing the pram. Might use some of my babylonglegs aran yarn, was thinking caped crusader dye lot with a matching hat :)
So many plans, so little time lol Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment