Monday 9 December 2013

Christmas KAL + mini update

Well I actually finished knitting these a while ago, I can't remember when in all honesty...I hadn't classed them as cast off though as I fully intended to add some duplicate stitch on them. I've finally given that up as a job that just won't get done. Being a stay at home mum you'd think I have loads of time but I'm actually busy as my son has weekly visits and appointments, as well as nursery (that is out of town so two mornings lost there) and I just seem to end up with project bags sat there for ages going untouched or pretty close to...sorry long sentence lol but basically the KAL is to knit socks it doesn't state they have to have a design on them so long as the theme is christmasy and these to me are :) I like that I've made them odd but matching lol they remind me of a weird little elf :) awesome!
My son loves them, I've made this pair longer than his others so that when he wears his leggings his legs should still stay relatively warm :) Please excuse the no pants picture he has a tendency to strip off, at least we were at home when he did it today lol
I've followed a pattern I wrote up for this my patterns though I have substituted the double DK yarn for chunky and gone from 4mm to 5mm DPNs so the st count changed but only by a couple stitches.
I've worked a little on the surprise knit, though not as much as I should have but joints gave up on me.
I've done maybe a row or two on the cream scarf for my friend (so not enough but long rows so get achey and sore quickly).
I've cast on another foxy loxy hat  this time in baby size for my cousin who is expecting, thinking about it practically I know as much as I'd like to I just wouldn't get a full blanket done in time without causing a lot of pain. I'm now thinking a small unisex hat and maybe a little something else too :) see how we go lol
I've not made any more squares yet, I think last count was 8 but not 100% but at least they have no deadline and will need to get some form my tattooist (who's done at least 1) and my friend Lariath who has she will try work on a couple :)
I have decorated a few more ornaments and such for gifts, will get pics soon and post them :)
Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment