Tuesday 31 December 2013

New years challenges

This year I set myself some craft related resolutions:
1 - learn how to use DPNs
2 - make a pair of socks
3 - learn how to cable
I did all three though granted I'm no pro but I can do them all in their basic form lol
I learnt DPNs for my sons wellie socks :)and also the hand warmers I made for the surprise knit for Bekki :)
I made my son 4 pairs of wellie socks and myself a pair of house socks :) (wellie socks pattern age 3-4)
I did cable brimmed hats to practice, in fact the one for my aunt was rather popular lol so much so that my other aunt may be a little jealous lol

For the new year I need some new challenges, I'm thinking of things I'd like to make and these are what I've come up with:
1 - learn to knit two at a time socks (preferably two at a time toe up socks but think I better learn two at a time top down before I jump the gun lol)

The others aren't so much challenges as things I'd like to find time to make:
A - make an item of baby clothing for my cousins current bump lol
B - make a vest for my friend (if she wants one lol)
C - make myself hand warmers
D - make myself a pair of socks
E - make myself a shawl

There is much, much more but they are the main ones for right now lol
As you can see rather a few for me as I have a tendency to make for others lol

And on that note, a happy new year to you all and happy crafting! x

No comments:

Post a Comment