Sunday 15 December 2013

Last minute gift and vest coming along

I needed to make a small gift to fit inside a bauble for on a tree :) so I made this small orange cotton flower decoration :) The pattern for this was from Stitch By Stitch I believe, if not that then one of my other Jane Bull books. It's for my grandma, I got her a photo frame with pic of the little lad in, and a bauble that comes apart with this tree decoration and 3 raspberry ruffles in :) I quite like using cotton but it can be pricey to make clothing out of :( but a cotton vest for summer would be nice for me or the little one.
I'm well on the way with the Little fuchsia vest for my son in green and yellow left over yarn. Gauge is a little loose would have been better on 3.5mm as pattern called for but I was being impatient. Not tried it on him yet as for a change he doesn't want to, too busy playing :) I started it on DPNs and am now using a 100cm circular and magic looping. Image shows up to end of increasing for the yoke and about to do under arm shaping (that is now done). Am now knitting straight stocking stitch for the body in green, I've got around 6" to knit like that until I can start on the garter stitch bottom edge.
I think, looking at it, it may be a little loose on little man but not too much, and being a loose gauge can be worn on slightly warmer days and won't be too hot. Though may make one on 3.5mm needle with tighter gauge for the cooler days. This yarn is a rather thin DK but there is a DK slightly thicker at the haberdashery, so if I get that it should be to gauge and a slightly warmer fabric. But may try a new yarn, as I think it would look cute in variegated yarn so may try that instead of colour changing, see what options they have in stock.
And on that note am off as I've lots to be doing, finally started xmas wrapping today, but not got much done.
Happy crafting :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment