Monday 23 December 2013

Last minute gifts

Well I promised a picture of the Fish Lips Kiss heel off the needles, so ta da! If you didn't grasp from my previous post, I really liked this heel. The stitches once learnt are easy and just have to look for wear to place the next one. It puckers out which I guess is why it's called fish lips, but the stitches are even on both sides, there are no holes from the heel to foot transition so no sewing up little holes once finished, just weave in your ends and ready to wear :) well other than blocking them if you need to block them first lol

I finally picked up the cream scarf again...with 1 row being around 20 minutes I sometimes dread picking it up but got a few rows done in the past couple of days. I'd not been working on it in the hopes of finishing the Little Fuchsia vest for little man but when I realised that was never gonna happen by xmas, figured why not spend some time on the scarf.
I've also been making some last minute gifts :) nothing too fancy and nothing knitting or crochet related but crafty all the same :)
First I made this double puzzle piece necklace for a new friend who also has an autistic son,she liked the one I just looped around some cord so did this on an a cord with clasp and extendable fastener.
Mine was originally on one of these but the jump rings opened and I wasn't impressed with the strength.To combat that I've swapped the jump rings for 7mm split rings, the split rings should hold up better than the jump rings too (also used this to put the puzzles on the cord so they'd lie right). I put both puzzle pieces on to show that though autistic children sometimes don't fit together the same way as average children, it doesn't matter they're themselves and we love them for it :)
I also made an autism awareness key ring for my mum. Used the small puzzle piece with purple cord and 3 beads (green round, pink heart, and blue round). Used a swivel connector so it can rotate and move without getting stuck.
Also made myself a single small puzzle piece ear ring, just the one as I like to wear odd ear rings lol
I made this puzzle cord to wear a few weeks ago (can't remember if I uploaded a picture). Basic but I like it, and so far others have liked it too :)
I also made a Mario mushroom key ring :) Love this as I love mushrooms and used to play Mario Brothers games all the time when I was little, still have my original game boy games and everything lol one red and one green mushroom, attached to a swivel connector with 7mm split rings :) awesome!
I've also made a few porcelain gifts for people:
The first is for a friend called Michael (you have seen the front in a previous post), it's a star to hang on a tree. He always says I'm a Scrooge so wrote Bah Humbug on the back side.
I also made one for my mum, slightly different but basically the same. They're both kinda traditional style at Xmas so stuck with a tree and stars wit ha gift :)
I made one for my friend but with a bare tree and reindeer with multi-coloured snow, she's a bit more artistc like me so thought she wouldn't mind :) please excuse my awful drawing of a reindeer lol
And last of all I made a coaster for my aunty Yvonne. Basic but colourful :)
Hope everybody likes their gifts and will probably try fit in some more mini gift making :) but since I still need to wrap all my sons gifts and get everything to wear it's going that may not happen lol
Sorry this post ended up so long. Merry crafting! x


No comments:

Post a Comment