Thursday 19 December 2013

Hiya Hiyas and Fish Lips Kiss heel pattern + YouTube

My hiya hiya interchangeable circs have arrived :D
At first glance you see the lovely case in which they arrive :) mine is blue but it does state the cases vary in colour etc. 
Then you open it up and it's so exciting! I got the 5" steel tip set in the small sizes:  
        2.75mm (2 US) tips
        3.25 (3 US) tips
        3.5mm (4 US) tips
        3.75mm (5 US) tips
        4mm (6 US) tips
        4.5mm (7 US) tips
        5mm (8 US) tips
        1* x cable making 40cm-45cm (16"-18") with small connector
        1* x cable making 60cm-65cm (24"-26") with small connector
        1 x cable making 80cm-85cm (32"-34") with small connector
        1 x cable making 100cm-105cm (40"-42") with small connector


I'm hoping to learn two-at-a-time socks (I really want to do toe up but think I'll try the easier top down first lol), make another Little fuchsia to correct gauge (I measured and mine on 4mm is at 22sts per 4" instead of 24sts per 4"), I want to make myself something with my Caped Crusader aran yarn from Babylonglegs (I'm thinking fingerless mitts and a hat) and I have so many plans in my head as well lol I need more time and better joints lol
Going back to socks for a minute, my friend Joeli on her blog has been saying good things about the Fish lips kiss heel so I've downloaded it and going to give it a try on a pair of socks for myself maybe :) The heel comes with a rather long PDF explaining how you can make a card template to help with sock construction measurements, and has a YouTube channel to explain some of the terms needed for the heel. This is supposed to be really easy with no gaps caused by wrap and turns (as it doesn't have them), I may even knit a small sample just to try it before doing a full sock. It does recommend putting in a life line before starting the heel if you are unsure of yourself (think I'll be doing that lol). 
I've been addicted to YouTube videos lately in the evenings lol including Knit Purl HunterVeryPink Knits, and Anacapa Knits, you can also find Joelis Kitchen.
I also really like having them on in the background whilst I work on my knitting, it keeps me motivated and it's interesting to see new techniques or hear about other peoples projects. 

The craft group I go to has had a Secret Santa as you may know if read my previous posts, we exchanged yesterday :) Gail liked her shawl, said it'll be good to keep her neck and back warm, especially in the car :) and funnily enough she got my name out the hat lol and she hand wrapped wire around a glass candle holder for me :) she put green glass stones in and a few candles as well :) We don't know whose making for us but we all guess when we get our gifts :)
My sons chewellery has arrived, and he has given it a go, even chewed the cord lol he's not going mad for it but if he gets used to it slowly may stop him chewing tops of drinks and killing his dummies. This was the cheapest one but the do have some cool shapes like turtles and such.
I've finally put my christmas tree up, still not feeling very festive though. Still have wrapping to do, and I'd like to fit making a snowman (a crocheted one, we haven't had snow yet) in for little man as he loves all the snowman ornaments and things at peoples houses.
And on that note I am off, happy crafting :) I know I have lots to do, how about you..?

No comments:

Post a Comment