Friday 6 December 2013

Xmas gift guide...turned out kinda long...sorry

For any of you struggling to find those last minute gifts I thoguht I'd give you a few ideas from my endless wish lists. Please note you need to check shipping prices and times as some are going to be from different countries in some cases.
First up, I love bags and have a few though not too many as with a little one I don't really get the opportunity to try new ones and need plenty of space. Here are a few I like from online.
I love messenger bags and this orange polka bag is super cute, it's a decent size with inside pockets to stash away anything you need to know where it is and not loose at the bottom.
I love Ghibli films and merch so this green Totoro sling bag  is ideal for those slightly geeky female friends who have a thing for Ghibli style items, it's basic but adorable.
I love satchels and this Purple Leather Satchel is amazing, I have a small red one (though not real leather) and I think they are so stylish, though I'm not keen on the neon ones that have become fashionable (real leather is always a must if it's within your price range). 
As you all know I'm a fan of knitting and crocheting so any gift list would have to include items form my crafts :) here are a couple of notions pouches form blingyourstring on etsy: long mushroom notions pouch and long cow notions pouch. I love these, I have a thing for toadstools/mushrooms so obviously that is a loved item but in looking for cow items for a friend of mine who loves them I've developed a liking for them too lol so had to include the cow pouch too, don't see too many cow knitting items as people generally go for sheep, alpaca prints etc.
And of course a needle roll is always handy with your knitty friends so here is the link to all of TheUndercoverOwl needle roles  I really love the toadstool one (obviously lol but can't justify buying it at the moment).
TheUndercoverOwl also has a variety of project bag/pouch sizes and they all have their uses, I prefer the large and giant ones as if I'm not winding my own balls the bought ones are bulky so fit better in these sizes. I love so many of hers but being a geek I love that she has a separate folder for her geek fabric prints geeky fibre folk bags. I have a few myself (as you can see in previous posts) but I really love her Firefly large project bag. Still looking at project bags I think this sea critters project bag by blingyourstring is also really adorable,l great for anyone who loves the sea or for using for childrens projects.
On to yarn :) I love Babylonglegs as I've mentioned before but I really love her space dyed arans and her semi precious range which is so soft you just wanna smush your face in it :) The next two yarns I like I haven't tried so I can't guarantee it but they looks super nice, the first one is: British Falkland Aran (Divine colourway)  by LaalBear, the colours are like candy with the brown giving a hint of autumn/winter feel to it, great for a wintery gift to make or the yarn for a crafter. The second is this merino, cashmere, nylon blend in luscious greens with hints of yellow, just makes you thing of evergreens and wreaths (or it does me). As I said I haven't used these but I love the colours and this both are great for Xmas time, they're festive without being only wearable during the festive season (unlike candy cane colours and such which can be if not too careful).
If you like hand made items but can't knit of crochet yourself I've found some lovely geeky items :)
These Iron Man wrist warmers are awesome, and being Iron Man can be for your male or female friends :) keep you warm and be a little geek at the same time :)
Loving mushrooms and Mario I had to link this Mario mushroom cuff, it's cute and just had to be included lol but if you think a cuff would be a good gift but not for your nerdy friends, why not try a cute button cuff it's cute and the colours are autumn/wintery but could still be worn on a cold spring morning :)
And for any artists, why not have a colour wheel necklace to help with those colour choices :) can be helpful with pencils, paints, yarns and everything :) great for help for any age artist too :)
And often being thought of as the black sheep in the family I just love this stay weird necklace. Embrace your differences...why would we all want to be the same, how boring would life be then..?
For people who like crafting with glue I highly recommend Matte Mod Podge. I've used it on glass jars for candle holders, paper, card, cogs/gears, buttons and all sorts and it's never failed me yet. Really great for your mixed media friends.It's available in: Sparkle, Original Gloss, Original Matte, Outdoor, and Paper Matte. Though I've only used the original matte myself.
Or if you know someone who likes sewing why not try this Dressmaking questions answered book  so if they ever get a little stuck there is advise there ready.
And for knitters who like small projects using only one skein at a time why not give them inspiration with this One Skein Wonders book, filled with projects that either grow quickly or take time but all only use 1 skein of yarn (approx, bear in mind yardage if using different yarn to suggested). I have the One Skeins Wonders book for sock yarn, so all projects use sock yarn but aren't all socks :)
And Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without an old film...I used to love watching Annie and it's now available on DVD. But there are loads out there, I also love The Snowman and Father Christmas as they used to be on every year when I was little, and not forgetting the new The Snowman and Snow Dog for a classic style but a new story :)
And of course you have to read The Night Before Christmas, I have it in a mixed Christmas story book form when I was a child, though I've never seen that version since. If I can dig it out without destroying all my storage (it's in a memory box) I'll edit this post to include a picture of it. I was my pride and joy as a child, used to sleep with it under my pillow all year round lol Strange as now I'm kind of a Scrooge lol
Happy holiday shopping and crafting for all you making gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment