Sunday 27 July 2014

Awesome Octopus! + stash dash 2014

I cast on the Acht the Octopus last night and bound it off today :)
I used two DK weight yarns and  held double with 4mm needles and sewed the eyes on with chunky yarn.
The variegated yarn is really old, maybe 6 or 7 years (from my LYS) for a giant cowl I made a friend, and I've no idea where or when I got the pale pink yarn lol I added a green bow :)
I totally love this toy lol it made my wrists ache and my fingers hurt but I got it done in a couple days. My son likes putting it on his head and letting it fall off or throwing it around, at least it's soft lol
I like it even more as it took me over the 5000m I needed for stash dash 2014, so I'm finished and still knitting lol Really surprised I made it as I've ripped back more since starting stash dash than I've ever frogged ever lol
Got the red hitchhiker on the needles and other patterns planned...
Good luck to everyone doing stash dash!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment