Friday 18 July 2014

Hitchhiker milestone + spinning

My hitchhiker has gotten to the point where I need to join the second ball lol This is all that's left of ball 1 which is approx 400m
I've span the first three colours of the spice merino fibre. It's not as smooth as the superwash, it seems to stick to itself much more and I'm losing bits of fibre that are randomly abandoning the strips lol
Wound into a mini skein, it's approx 15.8m long, got 4 more colours to spin.
I was going to try a 2 ply (probably double chunky as I'm still about an aran single) but as the yardage is still so small I think I'll stick to a single ply. When all span I think I'll rinse the skeins in warm then cold water. Apparently this shocks the fibre and helps semi superwash it when it's an organic fibre. See what happens lol Wish me luck!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment