Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tour de Loop + generosity!


Fresh Stitches is doing a Tour de Loop thread on ravelry, anyone who knits, crochets, weaves etc can participate so why not check out her blog and group.
It's a bit of fun, and an excuse to find the time (if you lack it generally) to craft!
My mum is a childminder and asked a fabric company, Nova, if they would be willing to donate some fabric sample for a tactile box...she was stunned when they're parcel of 25kg arrived packed with amazing fabrics.
With there being so much she is hoping to make some cushions and wall hangings with pockets for the children to play with and store toys. A huge thank you is most definitely in order. This image shows just the top layer, and the fabrics themselves are so luxurious and the textures are brilliant. I love the tree print one visible so much I'd want it as a piece of furniture lol
I finished the scrappy scarf, I know I mentioned but here I am in it anyway...can't decide whether to keep this for myself, gift it, or what..? Suggestions welcome!
I'm still getting over the generosity of people...I mentioned I couldn't spin so someone offered to post me a spindle to try and learn during tour de loop. I said I honestly wouldn't know how so instead they bought me a tutorial (advert) form interweave online called Respect the Spindle, which is amazing, it looks so easy, though I know it won't be to start with...And another lovely lady I've mentioned before (FF) has said she'll post me a spindle and some fluf to give it a try...so between them I will learn to spin and be able to try making handmade yarn :) excited but nervous! Although it could get costly if I take to it like a duck to water lol
Looking forward to the spindle arrival, I've learned there are lots of kinds so no idea what's coming!
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment