Sunday 13 July 2014

My 1st handspun + cowl

Yay! I finished my first handspun yarn lol it's a single ply merino nylon blend from Fondant Fibre. I managed to fit all 100g onto the spindle, not sure how, or if it's a good or bad thing, but I did lol
It has 9wpi (approx worsted/aran weight) but is very thick and thin, I have no idea on yardage as wound around a toilet roll tube rather than into a skein. I should try figure this out really as it'll count towards my stash dash :)
My second handspun was a fuzzling sample from Fondant Fibre, these will be in stock soon in a variety of colours (I think). This one is again thick and thin with 9wpi (approx worsted/aran again) as a single ply, yardage is approx 6.9m
I made up this cowl pattern last night to use up scrap chunky yarn for a gift. It's navy, lime and black with a simple repetition to it. Used 9mm so it's loosely knit for warmth but breathing too.
I tried to spin a puni today, I found this more difficult to draft than the looser fibre as it's quite tightly held together.
The purple puni sample is a merino, silk, camel blend, has about 7wpi (approx chunky) as a single ply, it is again thick and think in places, yardage is approx 1.8m
Not worked on my wreck this journal in a while, this page is inspired by my sons dirty activities...let your imagination tell you what lol
I've also been knitting on the hitchhiker shawl and the second bias scarf for my friend.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment