Thursday 30 October 2014

Angora fail! + new socks

I cast on the socks for my mum, out of gorgeous angora/merino/nylon blend...so soft, shed quite a bit and I got fibre in my nose lol but really nice, don't think it'd stand up to being worn though, so given up on it :(
Cast it off, so can use it as a sample/gauge for a future project...and prof I actually tried it lol
I cast on mum socks again, this time out of opal yarn, veridian rainforest (colourway Kim- 7951), she's not seen it in person yet so hope she likes it :) cast on 28sts (14 on each needle) and increased to 64sts (32 on each needle), doing stocking st on the bottom of the foot at ribbing on the top of the foot for extra stretch.
I also need to cast on another rainbow octopus for a friend :)
And really need someone else to measure their head so I can cast on their birthday owl hat...gonna be pushing it as using a technique I've never done (icord edges) as well as cables which I'm not great at...
Hope all is well, Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment