Thursday 16 October 2014

Jazz Club #2 + Purl City Yarns

My second Jazz Club shipment arrived today :) the picture is a bit darker than in real life, but it's really nice, and I've never spun with an alpaca blend before...I have a 100% shetland fibre but not spun it yet so that's still new to me too :)
The little extra in this months club was some merino, BFL, sparkle punis...and my Gods do I love the colours...deep red/black and totally amazing...I wish I had a couple 100g of this as nests or braids coz man is it nice...might be a wishlist item for xmas or something...
And my Purl City Yarns parcel arrived, the shop in Manchester has officially closed but my order is here and the chopin (bottom left) has got me especially excited, love the burgundy, blues, lilac and greys together...The kit is cute too and am looking forward to making the owl :) I bought my first alpaca blend yarn and my first Debbie Bliss yarn...
I made a red hat for my friends son (his birthday is coming up and he wanted a red hat to match his new school coat), and my son tried stealing it lol so I've cast on one for him (the cookie jar pattern) but I know I'm going to run out of yarn so need to go get more tomorrow lol The plane beanie I made for G is too small for me, and too big for my son, so it should fit G just right :)
So...lots of newnesses again, but only coz a shop was closing and the jazz club is my birthday present off a friend :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment