Sunday 26 October 2014

Gothic Lace Cowl + mitts + socks

My selfish knitting has been washed and dried, and had the buttons sewn on :)
It was the gothic lace cowl by tincan knit, and is available as a free ravelry download, it's also available as a scarf.
I used malabrigo rios in the arco iris colourway with 5mm needles. I attached 8 buttons, two of each seen, each is a square, wooden button with floral design on.
I found this pattern really addictive and knit the whole thing in a day, though I ached after it was so beautiful I was happy with it...my first proper lace pattern I think, and first time using malabrigo, it was a pleasure, so soft!
I wound the yarn for my mums socks, it's from felt fusion on etsy and is an angora/merino/nylon blend 4ply in the all at sea colourway. Gonna be another 2mm needle job -sigh-
In June I cast on and finished the first fingerless mitt for my mum, I'd made a few pairs by then so only got around to making the second last week lol good job they aren't needed till December lol
Knit from an old DK acrylic from my stash on 3mm DPNs.
This week I need to make new wellie socks for my son, so I wrote down what I did as a free ravelry download...they're knit from teddy avril DK held double on 4mm circ with a fish lips kiss heel (not free but only $1, about 64p).
My son likes them so I'm happy, they are a couple rounds too long in the foot so subtracted them when typing up the pattern, but they are totally still wearable :) Just another pair or two to make lol but my wrists need a break for a day or two lol
That is my lot lol I ache and need a little rest, but not for long coz hoping for at least another pair of wellie socks for Scotland holidays :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment