Saturday 18 October 2014

Hat for my son!

I had to give in and make a new hat for my son, after he tried stealing the gift hat for my friends son :) I made him a red cookie jar hat, and he seems happy with it. It's been washed and is currently drying then he can run round in it all he likes lol
I'm half way through spinning my berry smoothie norboo fibre from Fondant Fibre...it's so soft, it sheds a bit but looks nice (I think), I got about 21.9m (24 yards) from 46.3g (I haven't checked the WPI yet). It's very pink, the colour is so bright it's hard to capture and keeps looking purple...but it is most definitely pink lol
I'm also doing ok with the socks, I finally started the ribbing...finally! I've had to swap form two 24" knit pro nova needles to a 32" hiya hiya needle as I found the ribbing with two needles rather difficult. The join on the hiya hiya needle is much smoother than the novas, but I bought the bamboo needle which is a bit bendy, and I'm worried I may snap the needle :( Wish me luck!
Also, still working on my mums shawl...and really need to cast on the hat gift for a party next month as it's got cables and icord edges and I'm rubbish at cables and I've never done an icord edge before so nervous and want to make sure it's right and finished in time...
The owl family are with their new family and the little extra owl has gone to it's new owner too, she was so happy she squealed a little and hugged me while she was at work lol good to know they're liked...and my son is doing owl babies at school so that explains why he's been trying to play with them, may make him a set if I have time...
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment