Monday 2 February 2015

knitting fail

Mum likes her socks and they fit well :)
I had a knitting fail lol I cast on the Declan's hat (free pattern on rav) in size medium with aran weight yarn and 4mm needles...just a couple rounds in I could see it was far too big. So I ripped back and cast on the small size, it looked big but much better, when I got about 5 inches in I realised it was still too big lol I either need to go down a needle size (or two) or knit the smallest size on 4mm needles and just knit the ribbing length for medium size. Ahh well, it'll go to charity and keep a homeless person, or someone in need warm...at least it was an acrylic yarn and not the dyed to order stuff that should be here this week for my step dad lol This is the hat pattern he wants in the felt fusion yarn he ordered.
I'm new to the geeky girls knit podcast but have managed to come in at a good time, got lots of entries into their winter KAL, wish me luck...
And now my joints hurt so may need a bit of a knitting break...not a good time as my TV ariel has come down (rather annoying) and waiting for it to be fixed (hopefully this week).
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment