Friday 20 February 2015

Update: scarf, spinning and FOs

I love Totoro...so when I saw this adorable picture of him knitting, I had to share the cuteness with the world :)
Good news, I finished my step dads garter stitch scarf :) it grew a few inches length ways after washing but that's ok.
It's a cute set, and very soft, nice and comfortable. Hope he likes it :) Yarn is felt fusion sw merino aran.
I cast on the Tilting TARDIS cowl for myself, and it's lovely. I did make a mistake in the second repeat and I'd forgotten to put a life line in after the first so I was worried I'd have to rip it back to he garter stitch edge...luckily I was calm and careful, I ripped back 6 rows, inserted the needle and tinked back one more row and managed to fix the mistake without loosing all I'd worked on :) I was very proud of myself and have carried on working on it too, now I make sure I put a life line after every pattern repeat though lol no need to tempt the fates again lol I'm up to repeat 5 I think (picture is after the first repeat). Yarn is babylonglegs semi-precious (silk/sw merino) aran in I sat by the ocean.
I made this little yellow cat toy for my niece last year, and she just made this monster with some help from her school knitting group, she's very proud of it and I'm proud of her :)
And this is what happens when my son and niece get together lol he had his milo on (rather bright as you can see lol) and Sophie found her hand knit cardigan off her grandma and put that on top lol he ran round like that for ages, plus a trucker cap for a while lol
I finished my "the bird's dead, Dru socks" and love them :) the yarn is this ain't a scene BFL/nylon sock from countess ablaze, I used 2mm, 2.25mm and 2.5mm hiya hiya circulars.
They fit and everything lol
I span the first half of my BFL/trilobal fibre on my drop spindle. Got about 32 yards of a single ply (about DK) from 49g
It looks nice, I like the colours, but I need to practice pre-drafting more so I can get some thinner yarns lol
I've done a little work on my friends stockinette two at a time toe up socks but not loads.
I made my first vivid square, I'm pretty sure I made a mistake at the end of each needle but was good practice and I will try again. This one is in acrylic and will go to the knit-a-square charity with the baby hats I made last month. It doesn't look quite right so see how the next one goes, when I get to it lol
Been a while since I got on my computer, I seem to be both bored and hectic at the same time lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment