Sunday 1 February 2015

The Bird's Dead, Dru...feeling proud!

I did it...I finished a pair of socks in just over two weeks...that's way shorter than my previous sock knits which were more like 2 months lol
This is sock two, the lace has no mistakes, the heel is ok (but I still struggle picking stitches up) and the kitchener stitch (grafted) toe is neater.
For some reason even though they started at the same point in the yarn pattern repeat, they don't finish at the exact same point in the yarn repeat...Even  though I knit both socks exactly the same, I even double checked row counts physically and with a row counter. Not sure what happened there, my gauge must have changed when my wrist was sore and then healing. Regardless of them not matching perfectly, I love them, and hope my mum does too...hope she doesn't mind the not perfect line up of colours, but only a couple rows out at the toes.
Pattern is "The bird's dead, Dru socks" by sparklepunk-creations on ravelry. I used opal sock yarn in the love story collection (colour is: on cloud 7). I used three needle sizes; 2mm, 2.25mm and 2.5mm for different parts of the sock. Notes can be found on my ravelry projects page, but they are very specific to fit my mum's foot (and mine), we like wide toes rather than tapered toes.
I have a lot more knitting planned I just need to cast things on...gonna try one at a time but see how that goes lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment