Wednesday 11 February 2015

Update: buni, Declan and fibre club #1

I made a couple of face clothes last month but couldn't show them till my friend got them in the post, here they are. Both made with 100% cotton on 4mm needles, following the buni facecloth pattern by tikki knits.

I also finished the Declan's hat for my step dad out of gorgeous felt fusion sw merino aran.
My apologies for the crappy pictures, hard to pick up the cable details among the variegation on camera, but it looks amazing in person. I knit the brim a little longer as he wanted it to fold up for extra ear warmth.
Literally an hour or so after I finished this hat, my son got really ill, so bad we ended up in hospital for the night. He's home again and the sickness has passed but he's far from better, I'm gonna have to call the doctors again tomorrow and just hoping we don't need to go in for another night. Honestly though, I'm not sure how much more I can take, we're both exhausted and irritable, it's a mess and trust me when I say it's an appetite killer cleaning it all up but it's the lack of sleep that is making it all feel so much worse.
On a plus side, I had a happy mail day...my first fondant fibre sw club shipment arrived today, and it is gorgeous...I just need to pick up spinning again with how much fibre I have lol
I've also tried doing bits of knitting but while my son is ill I'm not getting much done, he either wants me, or I'm cleaning or sleeping so not much to show. I did however, finish sock one of my selfish socks, how neat is that kitchener stitch (grafting)..? I'm a little impressed with it. Not cast on sock two yet as I'm not mentally capable of keeping up with the cables on the cuff or the lace if I get to the leg...shame as I really like them too. Doubt I'm gonna get to take part in the sparkle along in the sparklepunk-creations group either. I will however still knit the socks eventually.
As I needed something fairly simple to do I cast on a knit vest for a friend, it's got shaping for the waist in a few inches but got plain stocking stitch till then. I'm a little worried it's not going to fit as her body covers two different sizes but I'll do the best I can and if she hates it she can hide it away and laugh lol wish me luck...
I'm off now as tired but I just wanted to post an update and let you know that my sons health is the reason I've been a little lax in posting, it feels like ages since my last post though it's only about a week.
Wishing you all health and happiness...and sleep! lol
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Yey facecloths :) I love them thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) not a big gift knit but cute n practical :) x

      Delete