Saturday 27 June 2015

Sorry it's a little lengthy...mostly spinning, new beauties and a mini rant lol

I ordered some 70% bamboo 30% cotton (I don't know why but I thought it was DK, it's described as fingering but I'd say a thin one lol) 300m/50g and I got one ball of green, yellow and purple. It's really soft and a few balls could make a nice shawl :)
This is usually true, knitting is my chill out, but the problems I'm having with my sons new peadiatrician and his medication, even knitting didn't help one day; I just wanted to cry. I now have our GP and the school behind me so hoping the new guy will come to his senses...he expects a 4 year old to take sleeping tablets rather than medicine...as if! The excuse why he's not prescribing the liquid anymore is purely down to cost, which isn't good enough in my eyes. Yes it is expensive, approx £300 for 3 months supply I've discovered, but you can't change an autistic childs meds and think it'll be ok without having met the child. I can't crush tablets and put in food as he only eats 3 dry foods and won't put it in juice coz then he stops drinking and with how little he eats that is a big concern. Plus if he drinks less than an hour before bed he wets himself and that isn't fair on him. Just praying he realises that we all know my son and his needs whereas he hasn't met him yet (due to next week).
My prize form the Geeky Girls Knit podcast for the sheepy spring KAL arrived, a drop spindle and some silk hankies. 
My Harry Potter club box (from the yarn tree) arrived and is awesome! On the left is the Chocolate Frogs and Jelly Slugs sw merino/nylon/stellina sock weight yarn and on the right is the Hogwarts Express to Ravenclaw sw merino/bamboo sock weight yarn. Both are stunning (and 400m/100g), and the latter is so soft I'm amazed :) The boxes all got the first colourway but the second colourway was themed based on your Hogwarts house choice :)
The goodies with the Harry Potter club box were:
top left - Ravenclaw themed stitch markers
top right - Harry Potter rubber bracelet 
middle - (purple) wand
bottom left - small owl project bag (drawstring)
bottom right - Harry Potter chocolate bar and golden snitch badge
I pulled out an old sw merino/nylon fondant fibre sample and prepped it into smaller nests for pre drafting.
I spun some up on my new spindle form the Geeky Girls and it's a little thick and thin but not too bad, and went to bed happy :) I'm loving the colours (riff raff clourway).
I went into town and bought some buttons for the purple DK wallaby cardigan I'm knitting, 5p each for these purple fish eyes :)
I finished spinning the riff raff sample and got 24.68m of a single ply from about 17g
As soon as that was off I tried a puni sample on the same spindle, this one is called salsa from fondant fibre and is a merino/BFL/kid mohair blend (I found this one a little difficult as when I pre drafted some it tended to break away from the puni), I got 5.02m to about 4g
I'm over 2600m for stash dash 2015 :) I'm quite happy with that, only a couple more project and I'll have reached the 3000k goal, and may work towards the 5000k goal.
I've bought some red aran yarn from my LYS in the hopes of making my son a wallaby for after the summer. There's a bit of a sale on at the minute (all acrylic yarns and a bit of dish cloth cotton) so was tempted to buy some for my sons next wellie socks, and milos as well as charity knits :)
In other yarn addict news I've signed up to some more the yarn tree clubs :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment