Sunday 7 June 2015

Stash enhancement!

Yarrn! I have yet more stash enhancement lol from the lovely Deb at Fondant Fibre. I Got one of her first sock blanks as well as some hardy high twist and spangle sock :)
Top left: gold spangle sock in the I'm a lost boy colourway (sw merino/nylon/stellina)
Top right: spangle sock in the vintage tulle colourway (sw merino/nylon/stellina)
Middle left: spangle sock in the sugar rush colourway (sw merino/nylon/stellina)
Middle right: hardy high twist in the gunpowder colourway (sw merino/nylon)
Bottom left: hardy high twist in the sweet honesty colourway (sw merino/nylon)
Bottom right: funky sock blank in the making waves colourway (sw merino/nylon)
You know you spend a lot of money with someone when your free gift is a project bag (usually sold for £16) instead of a small fibre sample lol this is the llama love print with a heart zipper pull. I also got some knitting soap (which I lovingly gave to my mum for her hand knits) and the usual stitch marker and the recent addition of a lollipop (which my son calls lurdleposh coz of the bleepers episode of kipper the dog, though he just likes saying lurdleposh and does so at random times of the day all the time as he finds it hilarious).
This saying is definitely becoming more and more accurate, my sock yarn alone now takes up 3 x 35L boxes, 2 shoe boxes and 2 bags...then I have a box of DK, aran/wortsed, chunky, super chunky, acrylics and oddments plus 4 x 45L boxes of fibre and a 45L box of fibre and hand knits lol that's a lot of full to busting (the lids pop off if they aren't stacked lol) boxes of fibre related gorgeousness lol I keep saying I'll stop buying (and I did for about two months) but I do so love it all, I just need to knit faster lol
I've done another small spinning sample (10g) of sw cheviot on my new drop spindle in the love cats colourway and got almost 11m of a single ply.
And in a recent turn of events, I think the fates are telling me to get my spin on lol I have two drop spindles (the above beauty which I'm still getting used to) and a learner one that I got last year, and I have a spinning wheel which I'm yet to actually sit at for long enough to figure out how to use it properly lol and guess what I won in the Geeky Girls Knit sheepy spring KAL...a drop spindle and silk hankies to spin lol I found that rather amusing, I'll take pics when it arrives to show it off :)
I finished the test knit but it's a little small, it may grow during blocking but I need to get some mats off my friend and find my pins lol if it doesn't grow enough it'll be a super cute toy blanket for my sons toys :) I'm thinking I may make a version with the bigger needles I initially started with and use 2 skeins instead of 1...and possibly do a garter stitch body instead of stocking stitch. Will see what the future holds. The pattern is super cute and the lace is really nice to knit, picking up is the easiest I've ever done thanks to the way it's knit and neat too :)I'll post a picture when I know I can :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment