Thursday 4 June 2015

Spinning, newnesses + update

I've done another small sample spin on my new drop spindle, this was 8.5g of sw merino/nylon in the camp fire colourway from Fondant Fibre and I got 14.1m
It's still a bit thick and thin but it span well, though still a little awkward getting the wraps around the hook as the whirl is so close to it.
I finally got the zombie ear rings from Curiology, I got black but I'm pretty sure you can get them in green and red too. I like the necklace too but I don't wear costume jewellery often enough to justify buying it at the minute :) Though it'd be cool to wear my zombie tank top with jewellery and my zombie killing bag together lol
I got some more project bags and notions pouches in the sale from Spinning and Stitching, some may be gifts but not sure yet :)
Along with my order came a couple of small stitch markers, tiny and cute :)
Knitting news!
The test knit is coming along well, I've finished the lace and am on the body, started the last colour of the gradient yarn :)
I've cast on a simple hat with black sparkle DK acrylic, it didn't seem right to make a baby milo in black lol and I'm still working on an 8" square using the ten stitch blanket pattern :) Think that's it knitting wise.
I couldn't get to zumba again this week so instead I did a work out at home using the Ministry of Sound Pump It Up (2011) DVD, I only did the warm up, tone and stretch section (about half an hour) and I was shattered lol I think I'll try fit this in if I cann't get to zumba or as an extra if possible some weeks. Though I have to admit I've been shattered once I stopped moving lol I was so busy all morning I didn't notice till I nearly fell asleep in the bath before my little boy came home lol It felt good to do some exercise though :)
I had a mock driving test today and got 11 minors (I'm allowed 15) which would have been a pass but I was disappointed in myself, I've never messed up a reverse parallel park in her car and I did just coz she had a score form...typical and frustrating lol
Getting nervous about my theory too, I keep practicing but have never got passed 43/50 which is the minimum needed to pass...so needless to say I'm worried that I'm gonna fail lol
Hoping things are going well for all of you :)
Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment