Tuesday 30 June 2015

Update: spinning, knitting and sunshine

I finally cast on second gothic lace cowl for myself :) this is felt fusion sw merino aran on 5mm needles.

I've prepped my next 100g fibre to spin, my first Kent Romney and the colour is kingfisher from fondant fibre, it came as a braid and I've split it in two then separated those two into 5 nests each. I'll likely thin these nests out more for spinning :)
I spun my last puni sample colour, malachite (merino/Shetland/yak blend) and I got 7.77m from about 5g
The puni sample selection comes with 6 colours, each of which is a different blend. My favourite two are toast and tusk :) I'd like a couple hundred grams of each of those :)
From left to right: amethyst, toast, tusk, forget me not, salsa and malachite. This is also the order I spun them and I think you can see a definite improvement (they are all singles).
I got a couple of rolags as a sample from fondant fibre with one of my past orders, these are the cinders colourway but I'm not sure the fibre content. 
I spun each rolag and wrapped the singles onto a toilet roll tube each.
I then put the tubes over the upside down chair legs in my front room and spun them in the opposite direction to make my first 2ply hand spun :) It's very inconsistent lol plying is not a natural talent lol but then neither is spinning :)
Top: 2ply 6.85m from 7g
Bottom: single ply 4.57m from 2.8g (left overs from one rolag)
We visited the ducks yesterday and saw the cygnet with it's parents, and some tiny new ducklings (but they didn't get close enough to get a decent picture).
Today we visited Townley Park with my grandma and Baz, my son absolutely loved the water pump, water wheel and sand. He then had a run around on a big open field. It was fun, but very hot and I got a rather red neck lol not bad sun burn but gotta be careful I don't get more sun on it or it'll get sore...sun cream is essential for me and I put some on but obviously not enough on my neck lol
All in all a busy few days with less knitting than I'd have liked lol I tried knitting in the car but it make me get headache very quickly.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment