Sunday 14 June 2015

Test Knit - Demon Enough For Her

I finished the test knit, the pattern changed it's original name (had a design discussion with Lisa and she's thinking up a new design with the original name) to Demon Enough For Her shawl. It was a new construction for me and fun to knit. The lace was interesting but not too challenging, though I'd not have been able to do it at a knit n natter group with the distractions :) I used a lifeline after each repeat incase I made a mistake it was easy to drop back and start that repeat again. The picking up stitches had me nervous but was in fact quite easy the way it's done for this pattern, and neat too :)
I only gave it a mild blocking so the lace isn't as stretched out on mine as it is on some.
My son had it on one morning while waiting for the school bus :)
I used fondant fibre merino/nylon sock yarn (in the orange gradient colourway) with 2.75mm needles (I'm a loose knitter).
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment