Wednesday 9 April 2014

Disapointed in myself

I was hoping to get my Blackcurrant Shawl finished by tonight as am not gonna be able to knit for at least a few days while my hand heals (from tomorrow), unfortunately and somewhat disappointingly I've still a few rows and a stretchy cast off to do on it.
With my son coming to the knit n natter and craft group I knew I'd not get much done so just tried casting on an Ayli Hat but with kfb instead of yo increases, and probably won't do the large ribbed fold over edge as probably going to be for a baby...just cast it on to practice the new cast on technique and so didn't make any mistakes on my larger projects lol I tried doing the yo increases but seemed really loose, my gauge must have been off.
Hoping to take part in this None-mystery KAL next week, but may be behind due to healing time. Be a nice baby gift as doing the first sizes for the KAL, I'm not going to use the recommended yarn (mainly due to cost if I'm totally honest), going to see how it turns out in a LYS washable yarn as if gifting it most people don't hand wash their hand knits lol
I'm off to relax (and sadly not knit as forgot to bring it) ready for tomorrow...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment