Monday 21 April 2014

WTJ - Sat, Sun, Mon

I did another page on Saturday: colour this page, I covered it in two shades of pink metallic paint and decorated with felt tip pens. The left page (near the spine) says "Tears or sorrow, Tears of joy, Tears for a kiss you'll always miss!" inside the butterfly it says "Live Free" and on the right it says "The heart wants, what the heart wants!"
On Sunday I decorated the page opposite the sell this page (that still needs more than the letters colouring in). I painted the background with blue metallic paint, decorated an old book page with stencils and blow pens, then stuck the book page in. I then blow penned the star fish on and drew on the moon. The moon is painted in silver glitter paint. Very sea side themed.
On Monday I used pink, orange and green post it note strips (tabs) and yellow butterfly post it notes to decorate the office supply page. There's also an old business card on there and a few paper clips, then I covered the whole page in mod podge (hopefully that'll stop anything falling off).
I also started the sew this page, no sewing yet but decorated the backgrounds. The left side is blue with silver stars like the jumper the other mother made Coraline and the right is a drawing/painting of the other mother from the film. I love Neil Gaiman so glad to have a page dedicated to him in my journal :) going to sew a couple of Coraline buttons on the page but need to go to my LYS to buy them.
Today the next non clue was released for the baby cardigan KAL so likely to be working on that for the next couple of days. Also back into routine of nursery and therapy for my son and I've the last week of my course this week. Then further research I'd like to do.
Also signed up to the International Union of Mail Artists to keep artistic even after the journal is finished. Plus my old mail art group from a Coursera course I did is starting up again, just once a month I think. This months theme is the season you're in (so I'll be doing Spring), will probably do another blow pen seas side type thing to send.
Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment