Friday 11 April 2014

Wreck This Journal!

Sorry this isn't even a little knitting related!
I saw this years ago and didn't buy it, an old work friend has started one and it inspired me to give it a go...please forgive my primitive art skills I just don't get the practice anymore :) My friend is publishing hers on Tumblr, you can find her here! I'm still unsure what I'm doing on Tumblr so mine won't probably get uploaded on there for a while.
Below is my cracked spine (as instructed) and the cover of my wreck this journal when it's still only 1 day old!
I've done a couple of the activities but only basically, used pencils and some fine liners.
First off I did the cracked spine and embellished the page with a very rough line to remind me of the crack in Amy Ponds wall in Dr Who, and below that is a duck outline in a pond lol, at the top is a tick (to show I did indeed do as instructed to the spine) and a kind of lightening bolt crack type thing lol
Then I did the poking page, first I coloured the outlined dots on the page with fine liners, then I poked the dots in with a pencil, not very visible but I assure you I did it lol my friend thought I was to stab the page and said it was the most controlled stab she'd seen, then realised I just had to poke through it with a pencil she let me off lol Having coloured the spots in bright (for me) colours I got the urge to draw a christmas tree...so I did on the adjoining page :)
Lastly for my first night I coloured in the dotted strips and ripped them roughly along the line...The next page says to stick it to the ripped strips so I'll do that soon.
One of the instructions is the tape the book shut and post it to yourself...I'll have to do that soon or I'll be too scared of it being lost in the mail...
I can't knit for at least a few days while my tattoo heals so I'm hoping to work on this little by little. My tattoo is for Autism Awareness and is built up entirely of dots, not a single tattooed line.
And on that note, I'm off...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment