Saturday 19 April 2014

WTJ + Crafty Creatives Box

I did a page in my journal this morning (it's only afternoon so there may be more later). I did the title page with doodles: moon, stars and sun, jigsaw pieces, foot print, eye, leaf, cupcake, fish, snail and hot air balloon. The back of the cover I sketched a crescent moon and painted with glitter paint, it's a bit more transparent than I thought but that's ok.
I got a parcel today :) I had to collect it from a neighbours...
And when I did, it was in a pink plastic parcel bag...and inside that was my Crafty Creatives Box. It was rather exciting, my first one. I'm not going to join every month (as can't always afford) but it's in interesting idea, to get a surprise craft box each month and be able to try something new. If you can already do it you can show of your skills on their facebook all the same and maybe win a free box the next month.
Upon opeing I saw it was something I've never tried before...quilling. I'm rather nervous as not only have I not done it before but am worried I won't have the patience for it lol I'm an instant gratification kinda girl lol
You get some quilling strips and some other bits and pieces to make something wonderful and vibrant.
You also get a book called 'The Complete Quilling Handbook' to show you how to do it and some patterns/designs to make up. There's a toadstool one and if I do figure it out that'll be what I make, coz they are awesome lol :)
It was a nice thing to receive and hope I actually use it.
Took my son on an egg hunt today (even though we aren't Catholic), he had fun running round and did no hunting at all lol he still got the sweety bag though :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment