Friday 20 June 2014

Cookie Jar, keyring and designers

Finished my first Cookie Jar hat, out of random aran yarn I was given ages ago (funnily enough by the designer of the hat) :) It's fairly fast growing and has a nice stretch to it, I made the 18" size and it fits my head so that's good, tension may be a little loose so will have to check for next one if need a specific size :)
As you can see it is built up in blocks of different stitches and this creates a nice slouch to the hat too :) I was worried about yarn running out so missed one round but had enough in the end, ahh well better safe than sorry lol I'd recommend this pattern to someone new to joining in the round and seeing how the stitches work differently :)
I also made an autism keyring for my mum, prob not give it till her bday as a bit of something from my son :) Nice and bright, made with loom bands and a puzzle charm on a keyring loop :)
I've also been naughty and ordered a couple patterns and some yarn, intended as gifts for bdays and xmas :)
I'll take pics when yarn arrives :) more Babylonglegs of course lol mostly semi precious as love the softness of merino with the silk blend. Not meant to be adding to my stash, especially during stash dash but oops!
The patterns are by Joeli Caparco and Martina Behm, I love their designs and am really looking forward to trying some patterns that are really popular on ravelry.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment