Sunday 15 June 2014

Re-Cast On Opal Yarn

So this morning I frogged my opal sock yarn that was a Just Knit It shawl, I wasn't liking the look of the colours...
I've cast on a Nettle Tea shawl with the opal yarn and it's looking much better so far, it will eventually be too wide for the colours to stripe but it's nicer for longer :) I haven't caught up with the 157m I frogged yet but I will eventually lol from the angle of my pic you can't see the ribbing properly but I'll get a better pic when I can be bothered moving rather than just on my knee lol
I think this may end up gifted :) the colours are really springy and would be nice to wear in the winter to add some colour to a winter wardrobe (most people tend to dress darker in the cold weather).
The pattern is easy to knit (though I'm rubbish at picking up garter st and my son grabbed it at one point...not good but sorted it out) and grow quite quickly, though I am using bigger needles than the pattern calls for (I'm using 5mm).
And on that note I'm off as I'm super tired...though been loving watching old Knit Girllls podcasts :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment